
5/23/10
Mr. Gallagher
English 12 CP
Period 6
As a writer, my skills grew more, they lessened a little bit for awhile but soon went back up again, and I notice the freedom I have in my creative writing which is equipped with smiley faces and silly little jokes of mine that I sometimes try to emphasize on paper. My creative writing is something that comes to me in the spur of the moment and until I do something it doesn’t go away but my writing is excellent for my creative piece since when I want to write letters just appear on the page for me and when I look at the finished piece, I cant help but get giggly and happy.
I never really showed much surprise for my writing except for when I had to edit it or rewrite it a lot, sometimes I wouldn’t mind the rewriting and correcting but after a while I minded and it drove me crazy but I did it nonetheless, my research paper for example, I had to rewrite that I think a total of six times before I finally got it right and it was good enough to hand in, the frustrating nights I spent revising and the in class time we got really paid off and the grade I got I felt I deserved, so everything was alright with me, in my head, it was one thing finished and accomplished.
My work I am most proud of would have to be my Nora essay from the beginning of the year, I worked hard on that essay because the story itself had a personal connection with me that I couldn’t shake away as hard as I tried, it bothered me in a good sense and a bad sense I sometimes walked into class wondering whether or not I should skip class but I never did no matter how many times I wanted to, I never even tried because it was too much for my mind to handle, I walked into class and told myself to just suck it up and this book would be done soon, which it was and gave me relief.
As a reader, I love to read, I could stay at home all day and just read, I carry a book with me most of the time when I’m in school and have a study and I don’t have any homework I just take my book out and read. Reading for me is like going on an adventure, you can be part of any story and when I write a story most of my ideas come from my books, I don’t “steal” the books plot, instead I make up a new one that I feel not many people recognize it, but I’ve learned to read more genres instead of just always reading one, I used to read just romance, now I read mystery, fiction, fantasy, and young adult series which I have grown to love along with the historical romance drama.
My weaknesses i would definetly say is I have a habit of mixing up my paragraphs and the information in them, sometimes I do them right and when I edit them they turn wrong again and I have to go back and repaste all my paragraphs and put them in order which gets annoying after a while of doing it but in the end it is worth it, other than all this this class has helped me grow as awriter and a reader in so many ways, I can't even begin to say all the help I've gotten over the course of this school year, I can honestly say that I am proud of what I have done and very happy with everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment